Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Daily Thoughts 11/17/2009

Work Projects Administration Poster Collection (Library of Congress). 1940Poster for WPA Statewide Library Project, showing a boy holding a book in his raised hand.


Daily Thoughts 11/17/2009

I'm editing my keywords on this blog. Google limits the number of keywords which you can have for a blog, so I am going back through to eliminate and consolidate some of the keywords. I am in the letter b right now.


Today was a quiet steady day. I checked the displays, made sure the shifting projects were moving, checked the mezzanine books to see which books needed to be kept, and did lots of detail work.

There was not a lot which happened today. I spent some time looking through older issues of Library Journal, Computers In Libraries, and Publishers Weekly. It was particularly predictable.

We also confirmed that people were coming to the Westlaw Patron Access workshop on Thursday.

On the train home, I read a little bit on networking and emotional intelligence in the workplace. It was pretty mundane.

I spent some time getting my pack ready for the free Expo Pass for Web 2.0 Conference at the Jacob Javits Center as well as the Twitter and Libraries class. I think that I am ready. The Web 2.0 Conference is an O'Reilly conference. I am rather like O'Reilly Media.

No comments: