Friday, November 6, 2009

Daily Thoughts 11/6/2009

Portrait of Gertrude Stein, with American flag as backdrop (1935 January 4) Carl Van Vechten, Library of Congress, Public Domain.


Daily Thoughts 11/6/2009

I watched the second half of the Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett. It is a very fun film with trolls, wizards, a magic chest, and lots of silliness. I especially like Cohen the Barbarian the octogenarian barbarian. The acting was fun to watch. The special effects and storyline matched the book very closely which was a nice surprise.

I also finished reading The Peter Principle. It is about how people rise to their level of incompetence. It is a very apt book. There is a nice reminder that computers can create as much incompetence as people. Happiness is knowing when to stop rising according to this book.

I walked up to my local library but there was not a whole lot to look at. It was a chance to drop off my books and look at the manga titles they have for the teenagers. They have a very nice selection, many of which we do not currently have.

I am going to start reading The Continual Condition a posthumous book of Charles Bukowskis poems.

No comments: