Sunday, February 13, 2011

Daily Thoughts 2/13/2011 (Content Management, The Grand Design)

The Sonnet, 1839, William Mulready, Oil On Panel

Daily Thoughts 2/13/2011

Due to unforseen circumstances, I could not make it to the Book Squared conference.  I would have liked to go. 

I have had a chance to read the rest of The Content Management Bible which was excellent.  It is about how to handle a content management system from the ground up.  There is very detailed information on requirements, logical design, adding content, creating specifications, and many other practical aspects of content management.  I can recommend it without reserve. I also had a chance to read The Web Content Strategists Bible by Charles Sheffield which is about the practical aspects of becoming a content strategist.   He self published this book through CLUEfox Publishing.  It is better in its design than many large publishing houses.

Lastly, I finished reading The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow.  The book is fascinating.  It covers both philosophy and history in physics. Then it goes into the idea of a final unified theory of physics called M-Theory.  Here are two quotes which I especially liked. "Where does that leave us? If M-Theory allows for 10 to the 500th power sets of apparent laws, how did we end up in this universe, with the laws that are apparent to us? And what about those other possible worlds?"  The second quote which I liked is "We create history by our observation, rather than history creating us."

No comments: