Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Daily Thoughts 2/22/2011 (Bite Sized Marketing, Survey)

Poul Friis Nybo Reading Woman

Daily Thoughts 2/22/2011

I started reading Bite Sized Marketing Realistic Solutions for the Overworked Librarian by Nancy Dowd, Mary Evangeliste, and Jonathan Silberman.  Right now, I am reading about influencers and word of mouth marketing.  They described a few ways to use Twitter in the early part of the book.

The display for the Sony Reader grant came in.  I am thinking about where it will go.

This morning, I went through the donations and pulled out some romance titles to be added.  I also checked the displays and checked on the inventorying in the storage area or mezzanine.  I also worked on finalizing the written survey for the library. 

I did the Internet Job Search Hour today.  It went better the second time I tried it.  We had a few people who came in to search for jobs.  We also had the Womens Enterprise Development Center Is Small Business Right For You? session today from 5:30-7:30 p.m.  There was also a Gospel Choir in honor of Black History Month which is singing in the community room right now.

Two books came in for me to read, Designing The Digital Experience by David Lee King and 1812 by Jasper Kent.  Designing The Digital Experience is about user experience design which is related to content strategy.  1812 is a vampire novel set during the Napoleonic wars.

No comments: