Friday, February 25, 2011

Daily Thoughts 2/25/2011 (shakespeare's landlord, designing the digital experience)

Per Eskilson 1820-1872, Reading Loud

Daily Thoughts 2/25/2011

Today has been a quiet, steady day.  I spent some time checking the displays.  I also did a little more weeding in the mezzanine.

I plan on reading Charlaine Harris, Shakespeare's Landlord which is part of a planned book discussion group.  I also spent some time writing up several of the adult programs for the next two months planned calendar of events.  Part of this process is designing some flyers to distribute. I usually plan my flyers based on what I previously done.  We are planning to do another Writers Networking Event focused on poetry on March 17, 2011 from 6:30-8:00 p.m.

I read some more of Designing The Digital Experience by David Lee King.  The author is a librarian which makes the book applicable to libraries.  He even writes about using Drupal as a content management system.  This time, the write is describing community in the sense of websites.  He is focusing on how easy it is to share information in variety of formats including Twitter for microblogging and Flickr for photosharing.

Web Bits

A New Library Advocacy Blog from the American Library Association.
http://stoptrashingmylibrary.org/

This is wonderfully silly. The Konomark.
http://www.konomark.org/

No comments: