Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Daily Thoughts 06/12/2012

Biedermeierliches Interieur mit einem an einem Tisch sitzenden Mann, entweder aus Schloss Nasice oder aus dem Schloss Vukovar der Grafen zu Eltz, Slawonien, signiert und datiert unten links: Franz Alt 1846, Aquarell auf Papier, 25,5 x 34 cm  I am not quite sure what it says, but it is a library interior picture.


Daily Thoughts 06/12/2012

This morning, I read a little bit more of The Founder's Dilemma.  The author is writing about whether you should hire your friends or family for a startup.  He is describing the common dilemmas that occur when this happens.  He also describes reasons why a person should start solo. A lot of the writing is about soft issues that have to do with personality and cultural fit inside an organization.

I also read a little bit of It Worked for Me In Life and Leadership by Colin Powell.  It starts with 13 points which he follows for leadership.  The book comes across as being very down to earth.

Also, the book, The Object-Oriented Thought Process 3rd Edition by Matt Weisfeld came in for me to read.

This morning I brought my last batch of books from Book Expo America in to be added to the collection.  I also checked the gifts and displays. In addition, I updated the Twitter and Facebook account for the library.

Web Bits

The Antidote to E-books
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/12/technology/12iht-ebooks12.html?_r=2&ref=technology
An article about the Espresso Book Machine.

No comments: