Thursday, July 18, 2013

Daily Thoughts 07/18/2013

Writing Desk, Olga Rozanova, 1914

Daily Thoughts 07/18/2013

I read some more of Burning the Page on the way to work.  Jason Merkoski writes about the concept of the one book which contains all other books.  This concept reminds me of the idea of the "Final Encyclopedia" which contains all human knowledge.  Another similar idea is Jorge Luis Borges's Library of Babel.  It seems that people are trying to embody this type of idea in the real world with projects like Google Books and Wikipedia.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.  I also checked the displays.  I have a copy of the Times Literary Supplement to read.  There is a website committee meeting today.  I spent some time looking at sports books this afternoon.

I am thinking of reading The Battle of $9.99 a PW (Publishers Weekly) Original Ebook.  The New York Librarians Meetup mentioned it.

The website committee meeting went well.  I have a few databases to find out about.  It should be interesting.


No comments: