Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Daily Thoughts 07/24/2013

Interieur Burg Kreuzenstein, Bibliothek, signiert Franz Poledne, Aquarell auf Papier, 24 x 30 cm by 1932

Daily Thoughts 07/24/2013

This morning, I read some more of When The Money Runs Out.  Stephen D. King is describing issues with the concept of stagnation and stimulus in economics.  He is also challenging some of the traditional economists like Milton Friedman, John Maynard Keynes, and Ludwig von Mises.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.  I also put out the new copy of Book Page for August 2013. I placed the book Baba Yaga by Toby Barlow on hold.  Toby Barlow's previous book, Sharp Teeth was excellent.

The computer lab was open today from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.  I helped a few people with writing letters and job related questions.

I also spent a little time talking to a colleague about the website and took a look at our circulation statistics which need to be improved.

I checked out the book Apocalypse Cow by Michael Logan.  It won the Terry Pratchett Prize.

Today has been a quiet day.

Web Bits

Jane Austen Unveiled as Face of New 10 pound Note
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10199138/Jane-Austen-unveiled-as-face-of-new-10-note.html