Thursday, June 5, 2014

Daily Thoughts 06/05/2014



Daily Thoughts 06/05/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I took some time to relax today.  I read The Sea Without A Shore by David Drake which is the latest book in the RCN Royal Cinnabar Navy series of military science fiction.  It was relaxing reading something for pure esccapism.  I rather like David Drake's writing.  He often uses history as a backdrop to his novels.

David Drake also adds additional elements to his military science fiction that are subtle.  There is a negotiation to free hostages, the use of information, espionage, small unit tactics, and politics which adds more than you may find in other military science fiction.  I also like that there is a bit of naturalism to describe the alien worlds which Lieutenant Leary visits.  In addition, one of the characters, Adele Munday has a background as a librarian which is pleasing to me.  A relaxing read with a bit of wonder.

I read a bit more of The Fusion Marketing Bible.  I have been reading about blogs.  Blogs rank high in search because most blogs are updated weekly or daily.  This means Wordpress.com which can also function as a content management system tends to get higher ranking in search engines than static web pages.

Web Bits



Sustaining Communities, Sustaining Ourselves

Walmart Jumps Into the Amazon Vs. Hachette Fight

ABA Thanks Amazon

No comments: