Monday, June 9, 2014

Daily Thoughts 06/09/2014

Madame Chocquet Reading, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, 1876

Daily Thoughts 06/09/2014

On the way to work, I read some more of Are Libraries Obsolete?  I am reading about copyright and the various issues surrounding copyright on the web.  There is some interesting material on open access and creative commons licensing.

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.  I put in an order for bestsellers and patron requests.  It looks like most of the books from Book Expo America are being added.  I am working on the summer reading schedule with a colleague, she is doing most of the work.  A lot of it is confirming programs so we can prepare flyers and publicity.

I also have been thinking about self published authors and local authors.

I spent some time working with the oversize books.

On the way home, I read some more of War and Gold.  I am reading about the creation of the Euro currency which is strongly backed by the French.

Web Bits

City libraries plea for $65 million to keep all branches open six days a week http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/city-libraries-plea-65-million-branches-open-article-1.1816172#ixzz348YcPY1W

A plea for six day service in the five boroughs of Manhattan

Commemorative Maya Angelou Exhibition Opens in NYC

 http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/commemorative-maya-angelou-exhibition-opens-nyc-23927296

No comments: