Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Daily Thoughts 02/25/2015

Meditation Madame Monet Sitting on a Sofa, 1870-1871, Claude Monet
Daily Thoughts 02/25/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning. I also checked the library displays and gift books.  I spent some time reading through some copies of Publishers Weekly, the New York Times Book Review, and Forecast.  I checked the patron requests as well.

I worked a bit on the orders for next week.  There is a new book called Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance which is an authorized biography coming out on May 19, 2015 which I am hoping to read.

I also spent a little more time working on Bookletters.  I created a list of Overdrive Advantage titles for Bookletters  for our library.  I also did a little work on scheduling programming.

I also am getting some feedback on how to improve our mailing list from other staff members.

The computer class list is ready for March.  I have some sign up sheets which I need to add for Monday.

There was a Google Docs class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Computer Lab.

On the way home I read some more of Waking, Dreaming, Being.  I am reading about dreaming.  There is quite a bit about the hypnagogic state between waking and dreaming as well as lucid dreaming.   Evan Thompson cites Jean Paul Sartre's book, The Imaginary.

Web Bits

Read Across America Coming Up March 2, 2015
http://www.americangraduate.org/blogs/latest-education-headlines/2015/02/23/read-across-america-day-coming-up-march-2/

Homeless People Need Libraries, and Libraries Need Them Too
http://news.yahoo.com/homeless-people-libraries-libraries-them-too-191906544.html;_ylt=AwrBEiScge5UxW8ANgTQtDMD

No comments: