Friday, February 27, 2015

Daily Thoughts 02/27/2015


Daily Thoughts 02/27/2015

On the way to work, I read some more of Waking, Dreaming, Being.  There is a section on the classic narrative of the Butterfly Dream of Zhuangzhi.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.  I also checked the gift books and the displays.  Next week, I will work on a Women's History Display.

I spent some time requesting flyers for events.  We have a graphic artist who standardizes all our flyers now. I also registered for the Latino Americans: 500 Years of History Grant.  I cut and paste the grant narrative into Microsoft Word so I could write it up separately and edit it before I put in the full application.

There are a few committees which I am working on as well, the website committee, a collection development policy committee, and the grants committee.  I have to spend some time looking over collection development policies.

I also have a little more to work on with the Gale Virtual Reference Library which was purchased focusing on job, career, and business information.

I spent some more time looking at different collection policies from around Westchester County.




No comments: