Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Daily Thoughts 02/10/2016

Henrik Ibsen, 1889-90 (4705765886).jpg
Henrik Ibsen, Cabinet Card, 188901890

Daily Thoughts 02/10/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading Twelve Steps to A Compassionate Life by Karen Armstrong.   A lot of the content is focused on how to treat people compassionately from a religious viewpoint.  It argues that violence is not the way to be enlightened or considerate.  I thought the book was worth reading.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I bought some heart candy for a Valentines Jazz concert tomorrow night from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

I did a little bit of weeding and also selected some books to move upstairs from the mezzanine.

I suggested some places to look for grants with a colleague.

We have an Intermediate HTML and CSS Coding class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I have the Baker and Taylor Forecast and Ingram Advance to read.

I checked out the books, The Heart Led Leader by Tommy Spaulding which is about leading from the heart and Edward Gorey His Book Cover Art & Design, Edited by Steven Heller.

I enjoyed looking at Edward Gorey's book cover illustrations.  Also, the commentary on his artistic tastes was satisfying.  He liked George Harriman the illustrator for Krazy Kat and abhorred Picasso.  The illustrations have a wonderfully dark and eccentric quality to them.  He worked for Anchor books for a bit. There is an index at the back of the book which lists the book titles which Edward Gorey illustrated the covers for.


Web Bits


Knight News Challenge Webinar is on February 11, 2016 from 3-4 p.m.

Library Campaigners Descend on Parliament to Defend Public Funding
 

No comments: