Thursday, February 18, 2016

Daily Thoughts 02/18/2016

Maxim Gorky reading in The Penates his drama Children of the Sun - Ilya Repin
Maxim Gorky Reading in The Penates His Drama Children of the Sun by Ilya Repin, 1905 

Daily Thoughts 02/18/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.  I also looked at the website.

I read some more of Better Living Through Criticism.  I am reading about why critics cannot be neutral in their presentation.  The thing they are reviewing must be good or bad.

I read some more of Stoned as well. I am reading about Emeralds.  The deep green color and rarity make emeralds precious.  I learned that the first emerald mine was in 330 BC.  Jewels help create empires and wealth.

I watched two episodes of the television show, The Librarians Filing Evil Under History on Hoopla.  It was silly fun.  I like that the main library disappears and the heroes are now in an annex.

Web Bits


Facebook is Ready to Publish Instant Articles from Every Publisher Around the World

DPL Spins Patrons Right Round One Cool Thing

The New York Public Library Hopes You'll Make Video Games

This Tiny Glass Disk Can Story 360 TB of Data for 13.8 Billion Years



No comments: