Friday, February 12, 2016

Daily Thoughts 02/12/2016


Landscape with Posters - Pablo Picasso
Landscape With Posters, Pablo Picasso, 1912

Daily Thoughts 02/12/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Yesterday, I read some more of The Heart Led Leader.  Some of the stories are interesting.  For example there is a description of how you have to really love all of your team members if you plan on climbing Everest because everyone absolutely relies on each other.  Some of the terms that keep on coming up in this book are servant leader, 18 inch journey (the journey from your head to your heart), humility, love, and forgiveness.

Today is February 12, 2016 which is Abraham Lincoln's Birthday.  I am off from work today.  Sunday, February 14, 2016 is Valentine's Day.  I enjoyed the concert by Sylvia Mim last night.  The jazz was very well done.  It is President's Day on February 15, 2016.  I have the next week off from work.

I finished The Heart Led Leader.  It reads like a self help book for management.  It has a very sweet tone to it.  I felt the tone of the book did not match with regular management activities.  It seemed to be a solid reminder to treat your employees right.

I started reading Better Living Through Criticism How to Think About Art, Pleasure, Beauty, and Truth by A.O. Scott.  This book is about how to think about being a professional critic.  I already disagree with at least one thing he wrote.  I am not fond of the Pixar animated movie, Ratatouille.

I rejoined Comic Book Legal Defense http://www.cbldf.org
It is becoming much more international in scope.  There have been challenges in India, Egypt, Iran, and other places.

I was unable to attend the Knight News Challenge Webinar on Thursday.  I attended it today.  I am working on summarizing it.

Knight News Challenge on Libraries-- There is a link to the webinar here.

Libraries in the Exponential Age
This article was recommended reading for people interested in innovation in libraries.

2015-- 22 Projects Win Knight News Challenge for Libraries
Last Years Winners.



Web Bits

25 Modern Libraries from Around the World
http://ebookfriendly.com/modern-libraries/

The Research Pirates of the Dark Web

15 Reasons You Need to Get a Library Card Now

Help Us Match Bywater's Donation Challenge

I gave a little bit.

No comments: