Monday, February 22, 2016

Daily Thoughts 02/22/2016

Interior with Figures - Gwen John
Interior with Figures, Gwen John, 1898-1899

Daily Thoughts 02/22/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of Stoned.  There were two things that I read about which were interesting.  The first was cursed diamonds like the Hope Diamond and the French Blue, the most historically valuable of the French royal jewels.  The second was the story of pearls, especially pearls in the Elizabethan court.  It was fabulous.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I spent some time selecting books to bring up from the mezzanine.  I also spent a little bit of time working on weeding.

I discussed scheduling with a colleague today.

There is a board meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m..  It should be interesting.  The Fundamentals of Computers Class and the Beginning Microsoft Word class are tonight.

Web Bits


New Hampshire Bill Would Explicitly Allow Libraries to Run TOR Exit Nodes

Geting Rejected in the Library World.  What Now?

Library Revises Public Display Policy After Controversy

5 Amazing Digital Collections for Cultural Historians from the New York Public Library


No comments: