Friday, August 5, 2016

Daily Thoughts 08/05/2016



Albert Sterner, Young Woman Standing Reading A Letter, 1900


Daily Thoughts 08/05/2016


I checked the library Facebook and Twitter this morning.


I arranged for a librarian to proctor an exam today.


I checked the gift books and the displays.


I also did some preparation work for an event featuring a local author, Ron Fleming, who just came out with a book called 4th Street Playground (The Mecca) Money Earning Mount Vernon which is about Mount Vernon, New York.


In addition, I did a little work with the computer lab.  We reinstalled a new time clock for the part timers.  I am looking at resumes right now.  It is nothing something I can really comment on.


It has been a fairly busy day. 


Web Bits


Hansen: These Detectives Only Take On Cases Only a Librarian Can Crack
http://www.omaha.com/living/hansen-these-detectives-take-on-the-cases-only-a-librarian/article_11d389dd-b889-5f01-bdf3-c810407e3837.html


Read Books Live Longer
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/08/03/read-books-live-longer/

No comments: