Monday, August 8, 2016

Daily Thoughts 08/08/2016

The Reader - Juan Gris
The Reader, Juan Gris, 1926

Daily Thoughts 08/08/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I have a copy of the New York Times Book Review to read.  I read  a copy of the Times Literary Supplement.

I am in the computer lab right now.

I did a little weeding in the cookbooks today.

I am preparing to interview some people soon.

There are two computer classes in the computer lab tonight, a Fundamentals of Computers Class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Beginning Microsoft Word Class from 6:45 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. .  There is also a Tinkercad for 3D Printing class in the trustees room from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

On the way home, I finished reading Dark Matter by Blake Crouch.  I enjoyed the story, there was plenty of action and intrigue.  But what struck me most about the story was the ability to write about multiple different versions of the same person in believable ways.

I got my transcripts from the University of Pittsburgh.  I also have to ask for transcripts from a class on Databases from the Long Island Palmer School and for a transcript for an Introduction to Publishing class from New York University.

I just got my acceptance letter for Certified Public Library Administrator Program from the American Library Association.  I think this will be a very interesting experience.  It is a series of graduate management classes for librarians.

Web Bits


How Quiet Should a Library Be


The Strange Affliction of ‘Library Anxiety’ And What Librarians Do To Help


Purple Heart Veterans Share Their Stories for Library of Congress


No comments: