Monday, August 22, 2016

Daily Thoughts 08/22/2016

Woman Reading - Max Weber
Woman Reading, Max Weber, 1916

Daily Thoughts 08/22/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

I worked a little bit on programming today.

I also have been ordering for different categories in the cloud library, christian, African American fiction and nonfiction, urban fiction, and bestsellers.

The book, Managing for Results, Effective Resource Allocation for Public Libraries by Sandra Nelson, Ellen Altman, and Diane Mayo came in for me to read today.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers Course and a Beginning Microsoft Word class today in the computer lab in the evening.

There was also a 3D Animation With Blender class in community room from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I watched the film, To Begin The World Over Again: The Life of Thomas Paine tonight.  It is a one actor play.  The film will be shown on September 22, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the Grace Greene Baker Community Room.  It is partially made possible by the American Library Association Office of Intellectual Freedom.


Web Bits


A Teacher Who Changed My Life By Bill Gates
How the New York Public Library Made Ebooks Open, and Thus One Trillion Times Better by Cory Doctorow

No comments: