Saturday, December 24, 2016

Daily Thoughts 12/24/2016

The Book - Juan Gris

The Book, Juan Gris, 1913

Daily Thoughts 12/24/2016

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

Happy Holidays.  We have  a long Christmas weekend off.

Last night, I finished reading Making Conflict Work Harnessing the Power of Disagreement by Robert T. Coleman and Robert T. Ferguson.  The last part was about how to rebel.  It also contained information on how to combine different strategies for conflict.  I found some of the ideas useful.  One of them is that conflict is not completely adversarial.  It is often about how to work with someone while minimizing arguments and aggression.

I read some of The Liberation by Ian Tregellis.  I like that the robots are alchemical clockwork creations in this book.  It is the third part of a series.  There is a lot about the concept of freedom in this book.  The setting is one where the Dutch rule the world with robots and the French fight them with chemistry.  I would call this alternate history with both a touch of fantasy and steampunk.

Web Bits


As 2016 Crashed in Flames LIbraries Were the Last Good Place


No comments: