Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Daily Thoughts 04/11/2017

Riza-yi-Abbasi 008.jpg
Reza Abbasi, Youth Reading,  1625

Daily Thoughts 04/11/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Share Your Story With the Mount Vernon Public Library
http://mountvernonpubliclibrary.org/share-your-story/

I read the local newspaper on the way to work.  I spent some time discussing policies in the morning.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I interviewed two people today with my colleagues for a librarian position.

I spent some time working on orders for new books.  I have a copy of the New York Times Book Review to read.

I also spent some time checking the 600s today.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers Class today and a Microsoft Word 2013 class today this evening.

I spent a little time working on programming in the afternoon.

I started reading Other Minds The Ocopus, The Sea, and the Deep Origins of Consciousness by Peter Godfrey-Smith.  This book is about consciousness. More is known about octopusses than the two other cephalopods, cuttlefish, and squids.  So far, this book has investigated a little bit on the evolution of the octopuss and signs of intelligence.  The classic examples of octopusses using coconuts, opening jars from the inside, and escaping from aquariums are described.

I also read a letter from James Baldwin, to his nephew James, called My Dungeon Shook.

Web Bits


Whitehead, Thompson Among 2017 Pulitzer Prize Winners

Fight for Libraries

Photos of 19th Black Women Activists Digitized and Put Online by Library of Congress


No comments: