Thursday, April 20, 2017

Daily Thoughts 04/20/2017

Reading the Newspaper. War News - Nikolay Bogdanov-Belsky
Reading the Newspaper. War News. Nikolay-Bogdanov Belsky, 1905

Daily Thoughts 04/20/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read the latest copy of the New York Times on the way to work.  There were a couple book reviews in it.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  There is an open house tonight from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m..

I generated a list Top Circulating Titles in Mount Vernon Public Library for nonfiction from Blue Cloud analytics.

James Williams Bujo will be demonstrating his painting skills.

I printed up a variety of flyers for events that are upcoming for the library.  I also spent a little time working on programming.  There are a number of poetry programs that I am planning for. Poetry is quite popular in our community.

The Book A Cover to Cover Exploration of the Most Powerful Object of Our Time by Keith Houston came in for me to read. I read some of it on the way home.  It describes how papyrus came out of Egypt as well as how the first parchment came from Pergamon.

Web Bits


Universities Redesign Libraries for the 21st Century; Fewer Books, More Space

A History of Radical Thinking: How Women Created Book Clubs

The Politics of Being A Trustee


No comments: