Sunday, April 5, 2009

Daily Thoughts 4/5/2009

Poster for bookmobile service of the Chicago Public Library, showing a traffic light. "Curb service 10,000 current books - convenient, free, time saving : Chicago Public Library, Randolph St. corridor." 1930 WPA (Work Progress Administration)


Daily Thoughts 4/5/2009

I have been reading more of What Would Google Do? by Jeff Jarvis. Jeff Jarvis has a blog at http://buzzmachine.com/ . The blog includes quite a bit about this book. The book seems to be very speculative at points. There are questions like what if Google owned an airline or a telephone company? Still, I am enjoying reading the book.

One of the nice things about reading books and writing about them on the web is that you can put links right into your reviews. I often put links I find in a book as part of my review. For example, I am currently reading about http://www.avc.com/ in the book a venture capitalist.

I finished reading What Would Google Do? a few minutes ago. The author suggested Here comes everybody : the power of organizing without organizations by Clay Shirky as somethin to read. I remember seeing this at my library. I put it on the waiting list of things I plan to read.

I noticed that my Sitemeter is different than what I saw this morning. I had many less visitors than what I saw this morning. Also, while I was at my local library, I had problems getting to my blog. Is anyone having difficulty looking at this site? Sometimes the only way to know these kinds of things is to look at your site from another computer.

No comments: