Friday, September 4, 2009

Daily Thoughts 9/4/2009

Dashiell Hammett (1894-1961)



Daily Thoughts 9/4/2009

I finished reading Inherent Vice on the train to work this morning. It was quite enjoyable if a little bit strange. I can recommend it.

An article from the New York Times on Subway Reading.
This morning I designed a poster for the graphic novels display. We can print on 11" x 17" paper in color. I also took a few minutes to update a couple of my old bookmarks with our new logo which looks very nice. We should have new business cards for the staff soon with the logo.

This afternoon I spent some time weeding in the plays section. Most of the plays have literary merit so they are not that easy to deaccession. I am looking to replace some of them, move some of them to storage, and mend a few as well.

No comments: