Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Daily Thoughts 5/11/2010

All Over the World Library. Digital ID: 1259098. New York Public Library

All Over the World Library, Clifton Johnson



Daily Thoughts 5/11/2010

I printed some more signage for the shelves, and checked for duplicates in the storage area. I have another big shifting to project to work on as well. I am also getting ready for my ordering meeting tomorrow.



I am getting ready for a webinar this afternoon from Bookletters. They create widgets for library websites. It is not that hard to get the code done. A lot of it is bestseller lists and award lists. The New York Times Bestseller List and the Indienext Bestseller list are available as widgets as well as numerous awards like the Pulitzer Prize, the Pen/Falkner Awards, the Caldecott awards and others.



The webinar on Bookletters was quite interesting. Their images for books are used on many different libraries. The two libraries which were most interesting to look at were http://www.kclibrary.org/ which uses Drupal as its system for managing content and http://www.parispubliclibrary.org/ . I am probably going to have to do some work with the content management system which is a new thing for me to try.



I also took some time to look for books for the Book Mobile tomorrow which is going to the senior citizens center.


No comments: