Monday, May 10, 2010

Daily Thoughts 5/10/2010

The Library, Mt. Vernon, Va. Digital ID: 74066. New York Public Library


George Washington's Home, The Library, Mount Vernon, VA, postcard.


Daily Thoughts 5/10/2010

The next book in the Leviathan trilogy is Behemoth. It is a young adult steampunk novel set in Istanbul which should be very interesting to read. The book is coming out in October. I enjoyed reading Scott Westerfeld.

I am reading Dan Roam , The Back of the Napkin Solving Problems and Selling Ideas with Pictures, Expanded Edition. It is about visual problem solving. That is how to think through ideas using simple diagrams and pictures. It is very easy to follow. The author uses stick figures, squares, triangles, clean lines, and other simple methods to make it easy to understand what he is writing about. It is more than a book on just solving problems; it is also about how to pay attention to the world.



Today was very quiet. I am thinking about what I will do for Book Expo America. I have to look at the floor plans to check where I will be going as well as where I will be meeting people on the floor. I am going to plan out which sessions I am going to attend. I also have to figure out what I am going to do at the Book Blogging Expo on May 28 as well.



I also am thinking about what I should do to further my own training and education. There is going to be a webinar for Bookletters tomorrow which should be interesting. I have not done a whole lot of webinars. I am looking forward to reading a book called DIY U: Edupunks, Edupreneurs, and the Coming Transformation of Higher Education (Paperback)~ by Anya Kamenetz. I am very interested in how online classes work, even online degree programs.


I am also considering reading Iron yoga : combine yoga and strength training for weight loss and total body fitness by Carillo, Anthony. When I had more time I used to lift weights. I now mainly do floor exercises every night. It would be interesting seeing how floor exercises would be combined with light weights.

No comments: