Thursday, May 13, 2010

Daily Thoughts 5/13/2010

Bismark the man and the states... Digital ID: 1543279. New York Public Library

Book Poster for Bismarck The Man And The Statesman, Autobiography, 1911.

Daily Thoughts 5/13/2010

Today has been a quiet day. I have been looking at signage for different things in the library including dvds and biography. I also have been looking at the shelving to see how everything is. There also has been some work on creating a sample page for Bookletters widgets and links.

The book War At The Wall Street Journal Inside The Struggle To Control An American Business Empire by Sarah Ellison is on my desk.

I am also looking at Book Expo America events. I like a few of them; The AAP (American Associationof Publishers) Annual Librarians Book Buzz from 2- 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 in Room 1 CO 3-4; The Community Social Networking: A Guide For Retailers and Librarians on May 26, 2010 from 3:30-4:30 p.m. in Room 1E03; Nancy Pearl Unshelved on May 27, 2010 from 2-3:00 p.m., and the 2nd Annual Librarian Shout and Share on Thursday May 27, 2010 from 3:30-5:00 p.m. (Barbara Genco will be one of the panelists on this session.) There are other events. Hopefully, I will get a chance to get a signed book from both Cheri Priest and David Weber from the autographing areas. I will be going to the Day of the Dialog on May 25, 2010 which should be very interesting.

I am also working on which booths I will visit at the conference. I usually make a list of all the booths I will look at before I go.

I finished reading Dan Roam, The Back of the Napkin. It was interesting reading. It was a methodology to visualize and simplify business goals. I did one of the exercises with identifying customers and found it to be very interesting. I found it useful because it helped me understand basic charts, graphs, maps, and diagrams better. It also has a very nice framework for problem solving.

No comments: