Friday, March 11, 2011

Daily Thoughts 3/11/2011 (the social network)

Free neighborhood classes for adults Enroll now : Classes in reading - writing - arithmetic - also art - music - psychology - language - social studies. Poster from the Adult Education Program of the Chicago Board of Education announcing free education classes for adults, showing a man, wearing a suit, reading.  Date Created/Published: Ill. : Federal Art Project, WPA, [1937] 

Daily Thoughts 3/11/2011

I requested The Atlas of New Librarianship by David R.Lankes  through interlibrary loan.  I also read a little more of The Accidental Taxonomist.  I am learning about the process of creating terms in taxonomies.

This morning I did some tabulation for the survey.  I am starting to compile what people are saying.  It is quite interesting.  I also checked on the Twitter account, did some more weeding in the mezzanine and checked the displays. 

I made calls for next week for our poetry networking event on March 17, 2011 at 6:30 p.m. as well as pulled graphic novels for the graphic novels club on March 16, 2011.

Two items came in for me.  The first is the movie, The Social Network which I have been looking forward to seeing for a little while.  The other item is murach's HTML, XHTML, and CSS by Anne Boehm.  I have to learn some XHTML if I am going understand taxonomy and content strategy better.

After reading the New York Times Book Review, I put the book, Moonwalking With Einstein The Art and Science of Remembering Everything by Joshua Foer on hold.  I have always been fascinated with the idea of memory castles and eidetic memory. 

I also am looking at the February 15, 2011 Kirkus Reviews slowly because it is on interactive e-books.  I am probably going to read this slowly.

We have our demonstration station set up for the Sony Reader Library program.  I am looking forward to the library get ereading devices.

This evening, I watched the Social Network on dvd.  It is a very interesting film.  It is very believable.  I liked the excess in the film.  The characters were very well done.



No comments: