Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Daily Thoughts 3/16/2011 (Advocacy, Holds)

"In order to have more, it is necessary to produce more. In order to produce more, it is necessary to know more.", 1921

Daily Thoughts 3/16/2011

I tabulated some more of the surveys today.  People are asking for more educational programming, more new books, and a quieter place to read among other things.  I am hoping this will give us a better idea of what our patrons.  Also people are interested in ereading devices and want some instruction on ebooks.

I also spent some time checking the displays this morning.
Two books came in for me to read, Michio Kaku, Physics of the Future How Science Will Shape Human Destiny And Our Daily Lives by the Year 2100.  This is a popular science table.    Also, The Book of Bunk A Fairytale of the Federal Writers' Project by Glen Hirshberg came in for me to read.

I went to the board meeting of the library and stayed until eleven at night.  A lot of it was union negotiations and discussion of grants and advocacy for the library.

No comments: