Saturday, March 3, 2012

Daily Thoughts 03/03/2012


Printing poster promoting occupations in the printing industry, such as hand compositor, press feeder, linotype operator, copy boy, proofreader, make-up man, bindery worker, and others, showing various typefaces. Date Created/Published: Ohio : Federal Art Project, WPA in Ohio, [between 1936 and 1941]

 
Daily Thoughts 03/03/2012

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook accounts for the library.  There is a Denzel Washington film screening.  The first show is Glory.  It is happening right now in the community room.

I also did some weeding this morning in the paperbacks and checked the gift books and the displays.  I check these every morning so things stay in order.  We have quite a few gift books to add.

The oversize books continue to be shifted.  It makes things look much nicer.

I am going to the March 9, 2012 General Assembly 6:00 p.m. Introduction to the Startup Community.  It should be interesting.  Things happen.  I'll probably also go to a New York Tech Meetup next month, because I missed it this month.  These things happen repeatedly.

I also spent some time looking over books to order.  I still have to go through the March Baker and Taylor Forecast.


I did a bit of updating to my selected links page.  I was reminded of a few interesting sites like Library As Incubator http://www.libraryasincubatorproject.org/ which is how libraries incubate the arts.  There is also NY Libraries Share which is a smaller networking group on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/108255962538466/

This evening, I put the book Change by design : how design thinking transforms organizations and inspires innovation by Tim Brown on hold.  

Web Bits

Creating the Public Library of the Future by Michael Posner
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/toronto/creating-the-public-library-of-the-future/article2357543/?utm_medium=Feeds%3A+RSS%2FAtom&utm_source=Home&utm_content=2357543

Bones of the Book
http://nplusonemag.com/bones-of-the-book

No comments: