Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Daily Thoughts 03/06/2012



A drawing of a classical typesetter's sorting case., 1740

Daily Thoughts 03/06/2012

This morning I read a little bit more of Hide Me Among the Graves.  The setting is in 19th century London.  The book Change by Design by Tim Brown has come in for me to read.   Tim Brown is the CEO of the design firm IDEO.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook accounts for the library.  I also updated the current events display.  We have a group coming in for a library tour on March 27, 2012 in the morning.  I am working on updating the presentation from the last tour.

I also read the latest New York Times Book Review.  There were two books I put on hold today; Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think by Peter H. Diamandis and Steven Kotler and The Power of Habit Why We Do What In Life and Business by Charles Duhigg.  Abundance is on the New York Times Bestseller list.

I went back to Lynda.com today and continued on two video instruction classes, Dreamweaver CS5 and Adobe Photoshop CS5.  I am mainly listening to understand the videos.  There are five web programs which interest me, HTML 5, CSS, Dreamweaver, InDesign, and Photoshop.  These are things which I think I should know something about.

No comments: