Thursday, March 8, 2012

Daily Thoughts 03/08/2012

This is an image of the book cover designed by Alfred Garth Jones for the first hardback publication of Conan Doyle's The Hound of the Baskervilles. January 1, 1902

Daily Thoughts 03/08/2012

The book, Arctic Rising by Tobias Buckell has come in for me to read.  I checked the Twitter account this morning and the Facebook account.

I also checked the displays and gift books this morning and finished reading a copy of Publishers Weekly.  I also spent a little more time reading Forecast from Baker and Taylor.

Overdrive just bought https://booki.sh/  .  It looks quite interesting.  I think it would be an easier way to get e-books from libraries.

We have the Computer Lab for Academic Use today from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m..  I helped a few people with basic computer skills.

On the way home, I started reading Arctic Rising.  It is a near future thriller set in a dystopian world where global warming has melted the polar ice caps.  I was a bit distracted so I took some notes for tomorrow on what I plan to do. 

No comments: