Thursday, March 1, 2012

Daily Thoughts 03/01/2012


Book of Hours/ Livre d'heures/ Stundenbuch - Utrecht, Master of Catherine of Cleves, Lieven van Lathem (illuminators); Museum Meermanno-Westreenianum (MMW), Den Haag: Ms. 10 F 50, fol. 6r circa 1460

Daily Thoughts 03/01/2012

On the way to work, I read a bit more of No Shelf Required.  I learned a little bit more about how E-readers and e-books are purchased in public libraries.  It should be useful.

This morning, I checked the Facebook and Twitter account for the library and checked the displays.  We have the Computer Lab for Academic Use between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.  A few people have come back to me and told me that I have helped them get a job recently because of the computer lab. 

It is Dr. Seuss's birthday tomorrow, March 2, 2012.  There is a celebration in the children's room from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.  Dr. Seuss has always been one of my favorite authors along with Maurice Sendak.  It is a nice thing to think about.

I put the book, The Lifespan of A Fact by John D'Agata and Jim Fingal on hold.  The review looked interesting in the February 26, 2012  New York Times Book Review.  It is the front page review.

I also put the book, The Fox Effect How Roger Ailes Turned a Network Into a Propaganda Machine by David Brock.

William Morrow sent me a review copy offer for Christopher Moore, Sacre Bleu.  I like Christopher Moore's sense of humor.  I also received a review copy of Hide Me Among the Graves by Tim Powers last night from Harper Collins.  It should be an interesting book to read.

I had a chance to almost finish reading No Shelf Required on the way home. I am reading about DRM (Digital Rights Management), e-ISBNs, metadata, and other details about e-books.  It is all very new and very fascinating.

I also am thinking about http://www.bimpefageyinbo.com who is going to be reading at our library on March 13, 2012 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Web Bits

Comic New York is a Free Conference Open to the Public Held at Columbia Universite on Comics on March 24 and March 25, 2012
http://conferences.cdrs.columbia.edu/comicny/

No comments: