Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Daily Thoughts 02/29/2012

Dou, Gerard, Astronomer by Candlelight, 1665

 Daily Thoughts 02/29/2012

On the way to work, I read some more of No Shelf Required.  There are three major vendors for e-books for libraries; Ingram Digital, Netlibrary, and Overdrive.  Baker and Taylor has recently started working on a new system for e-books called Blio.  https://www.blio.com/blio/screens/homepage.jsp

This morning, I checked the Facebook and Twitter accounts for the library.  We have the Computer Lab for Academic Use between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. today.  I also checked some more of the mystery and romance paperbacks from the gifts and suggested a few to be added.  I also added a few books on current events to the current events display.

I spent some time looking at Techsoup.  I also talked with someone about volunteers for the library.  I did lots of small things like reminding people to send flyers to the Friends of the Library and the Mount Vernon Public Library Foundation.

I also got sent this widget which is kind of interesting.  http://www.statestats.org/free-online-courses-widget-ny.php


No comments: