Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Daily Thoughts 02/28/2012


Laura Pisani by Dosso Dossi, Getty Museum 1525

Daily Thoughts 02/28/2012

This morning, I updated the Twitter and Facebook pages for the library.  I also checked the displays and updated the current events display for the library.  I also checked the gift books.  There were a few mystery paperbacks which are being added by Kate Collins.  I have a couple bags of mystery and romance paperbacks to check.

I have a couple issues of the New York Times Book Review, a copy of Publishers Weekly, and a copy of Booklist to read through on my desk.

The book, No Shelf Required E-books in Libraries by Sue Polanka has come in for me to read. I started reading the book on the train.  The author is writing about the early history of e-books.  Project Gutenberg and the Internet Archive play an important part in this story.  The first e-books were not commercial, they were mainly classics and books that were out of copyright.  There are a tremendous amount of free e-books on the internet.  There are even some newer computer books http://oreilly.com/openbook/  I also put No Shelf Required 2 Use and Management of E-books  on hold as well.

I was planning on going to the New York Tech Meetup, but changed my mind.  I needed some more time at home.

The menus are being worked on the website.  Hopefully, we will have a better menu layout for the website soon.  It is starting to look better. 

We have our computer classes tonight.  One from 5:30-6:30 P.M. and one from 6:45 to 7:45 P.M..  We are also working on changing the websites menus.  They should look a lot better soon.

Web Bits

Digital Marketing and PR In Book Publishing, Driving Buzz and Sales (Free Event)
http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e5i6el1a3c3e78cf&llr=eo9sdedab

No comments: