Friday, February 10, 2012

Daily Thoughts 02/10/2012


Palmer Cox's "The Brownies" reading a book, from "The Palmer Cox Brownie Primer" 1906

Daily Thoughts 02/10/2012

This morning, I read some of Thinking, Fast and Slow. The author is writing about how we overestimate the chance of a rare event happening like winning the lottery or getting attacked by terrorists.  A lot of the lottery is about dreaming.  A dollar will give you a pleasant daydream even if you win nothing.

I have been working on my annual schedule for programming.  The Adult Summer Reading program starts on June 25 and ends on August 10, 2012 with the annual End of Summer Reading Tea.  I also have been looking at some of the other programs as well.

I am thinking a little more about the Book Squared unconference.  It should be interesting to attend.

I spent some time updating the Facebook and Twitter account this afternoon and checked the displays.

Web BitsThe New Pew Data on E-readers Shows How The Digital Divide Persists
http://www.impatientoptimists.org/Posts/2012/01/Pew-Report-Will-eReaders-Help-or-Hinder-the-Digital-Divide

No comments: