Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Daily Thoughts 02/22/2012

Porträt des Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Allan Ramsay, 1766

Daily Thoughts 02/22/2012

I updated the Twitter and Facebook account for the library.

I also paid my dues for the Westchester Library Association.  The 2012 Conference is on May 11.
Library Advocacy Day in New York is on March 6, 2012.
http://www.westchesterlibraries.org/files/advocates/alerts/Alert_20120202-StateBud-Web.pdf

Last night, I finished reading A Universe from Nothing.  I learned that nothing is unstable and very easily becomes something in the quantum world and that empty space has lots of different energies in it.  There is a sense that nothing is something in particle physics which is a rather odd thought.   It was a nice way to stretch my mind a bit.

I got an invitation to an online entrepreneurship class from General Assembly http://generalassemb.ly called Start Making.  I am hoping that it is interesting.

I also added this blog to Bing Webmaster Tools.  I already have it on Google Webmaster Tools.  It is sometimes interesting looking at the site links.  I currently have 123 people following this site on RSS.  At least another 200-300 people follow it on a daily basis, and another 99 people follow it through Google Reader.

Web Bits

New York Public Library is doing an event on March 9, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. called Occupy Rousseau: Inequality and Social Justice.
http://www.nypl.org/events/programs/2012/03/09/occupy-rousseau-inequality-and-social-justice

No comments: