Saturday, February 11, 2012

Daily Thoughts 02/11/2012

Personal effects of Brazilian writer Machado de Assis. He died for a century. This image can be considered a derived work of public domain.


Daily Thoughts 02/11/2012

I have been reading more of Thinking, Fast and Slow.  I am learning that it is often easy to lose money in stocks because people have a hard time letting go of poorly performing stocks.  They regret their losses and don't sell in time.

I updated the Twitter and Facebook accounts for the library.

I am going to the Book 2 Camp Unconference tomorrow which is free.  I will probably go early to volunteer to help with setup.

I am listening to Marc Eliot narrate the audiobook American Rebel: The Life of Clint Eastwood.  It is a download from Overdrive.  It is the first time I have listened to an audiobook on a computer.  We are having the Biography Book Club on Tuesday from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m..  We are reading about a person in a current event.  Clint Eastwood's recent superbowl commercial, Halftime in America was a bit controversial and in the news.  I rather liked it.

Web Bits

Occupy Wall Street Claims The City Ruined Its Library
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/09/occupy-wall-street-charges-city-ruined-its-library/?ref=nyregion 

Occupy London's School of Ideas
http://schoolofideas.org.uk/





No comments: