Monday, May 7, 2012

Daily Thoughts 05/07/2012

A copy photograph of the portrait painted by Oscar Halling in the late 1860's of Edgar Allan Poe Halling used the "Thompson" daguerreotype, one of the last portraits taken of Poe in 1849, as a model for this painting.


Daily Thoughts 05/07/2012

This morning I read some more of Steve Jobs.  There is a real counter culture element to Steve Jobs.  He was vegetarian, practiced zen, traveled to India, and was very much what the author calls cyberdelic.  There is a real sense that he was deeply connected with places the Whole Earth Catalog .  At the same time there is a creative side to Steve Jobs.  His favorite book was Moby Dick and he listened to bootleg Bob Dylan tapes.  The story is entertaining, surprising, and a bit different.

This morning, I checked the gift books, updated the Twitter and Facebook account, and checked the displays.  I also wrote down the room setup for tomorrow, May 8, 2012 for the event Poe: 19 New Tales Inspired by Edgar Allan Poe.

I am going to the Salmagundi Club Library Dinner and Talk on Wednesday at 6 p.m.  Doug Allen will be talking about his book N.C.  Wyeth The Collected Paintings Illustrations and Murals. It will be a chance for me to talk to some people.

I spent some time talking to Better World Books Today.  I also spent a little bit more time on Codecademy learning more CSS.  It is getting a bit harder to understand.

In addition, I charged my Kindle Touch someone is interested in learning about e-books so I am hoping to talk to them on Wednesday during the computer lab hours.

No comments: