Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Daily Thoughts 05/09/2012







Gabriel Bernard de Rieux (1687–1745), president of the second Court of Inquiry in the Parliament of Paris, president of the Court of Finances, by Maurice Quentin de La Tour, c1739-1741
 

Daily Thoughts 05/09/2012


This morning I read a little bit more of Steve Jobs.  Steve Jobs was very much interested in typography and design. He liked the Bauhaus style   Walter Isaacson describes many instances of how Steve Jobs focused on creating a special look and feel for Apple products.

Last night was very enjoyable.  There was not a huge crowd, but the people who were there asked lots of questions.  Ellen Datlow talked about how she chose material for anthologies and the process of getting authors to submit work.  It was quite interesting.

This morning, I checked the gifts, updated the Twitter and Facebook accounts for the library, and checked the displays.  I have to spend a little time preparing for orders in Titletales.  I also am charging the E-readers right now because a patron wanted to learn a little bit about e-readers in the computer lab this afternoon.  The Computer Lab is open from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. today.

I am going to the Salmagundi Club Library dinner.  The person arranging for the dinner has helped me out before.  It should be very interesting.  http://www.salmagundi.org/content.cfm/salmagundi/Annual-Library-Dinner/id/76

I spent some time showing a patron how to use the Kindle touch today.  I also am looking at a class called How to Teach Yourself to Code at General Assembly on Wednesday, May 16, 2012 from 5:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. as part of Internet Week New York.  I tried to get notes for this class on key resources but could not get all of them yet.

I finished some more exercises on CSS in Codecademy.  It is getting even harder as it goes along.

No comments: