Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Daily Thoughts 05/16/2012

Engraving of a Reader, 18th Century, Octave Uzanne, Le Livre, Paris, A. Quantin, 1880.

Daily Thoughts 05/16/2012


This morning, I updated the Twitter and Facebook pages for the library.  I also checked the displays and gift books.  Everything appears to be in order.

I also updated one of the displays with books on illustration.

We have the computer lab open between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. today.  The Mount Vernon Public Library Board of Trustees Meeting is also happening today at 6:30 p.m. in the Trustees room.

I spent some more time on Codecademy.  I am slowly getting CSS.  I think I can look at a web page and understand most of what is happening with style sheets.

I did a little bit of inventory in the mezzanine or storage in the 800s.  I'll probably doing a little bit each day.  Right now, I am in the poetry section looking at poets like Longfellow and Langston Hughes.

I read through the May 13, 2012 New York Times Book Review and put the book, Lives of the Novelists A History of Fiction in 294 Lives by John Sutherland on hold.

Web Bits


Stories in your pocket: how to write flash fiction.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/may/14/how-to-write-flash-fiction
It's national flash fiction day.  Write a three sentence story, maybe a paragraph, and post it on Twitter.

No comments: