Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Daily Thoughts 06/27/2012

Kuniyoshi Utagawa (1797-1861, Women 14

Daily Thoughts 06/27/2012

I took a break from reading and thinking about libraries on Tuesday.  This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I think I am going to buy The Complete Idiots Guide to Creating a Social Network by Angela Crocker.

I went to the local bookstore today and bought The Complete Idiots Guide to Creating a Social Netowrk by  Angela Crocker.  I also bought The Age of Odin by James Lovegrove.  I am looking forward to reading this.

I decided to change my plans and not go to General Assembly or the Data Meetup and stay at home and rest. I also started reading The Age of Odin.  I like that the main character, Gideon Coxall is a doubter in a land of mythological gods.  It adds a nice touch to the story.

I went to my local library this afternoon.  I used the computer at the library and I downloaded a copy of The Age of Anansi which is a novella over the libraries wireless network to my Kindle.  I don't have wireless at home which is fine for me.  It cost me $3.49 for the novella.  Novellas are not usually sold in bookstores and are sometimes hard to find in libraries.



Web Bits


Authors Guild Sees Return of Predatory Pricing if DOJ Deal Stands
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/publisher-news/article/52787-authors-guild-sees-return-of-predatory-pricing-if-doj-deal-stands.html
This article says a lot of important things both about the book industry and Amazon which are not flattering.

No comments: