Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Daily Thoughts 09/05/2012

Portrait of John Keats, listening to a nightingale on Hampstead Heath, 1845

Daily Thoughts 09/05/2012

We have a new director at our library.  It feels very different.  This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook accounts for the library.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.  Because people were out, I had to do the computer lab a little bit later from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.  I helped someone close out their email and Facebook accounts.

I also read the latest New York Times Book Review and Publishers Weekly today.  There were some copies of Love and Rockets, the comic book in the gifts as well as a set of Neil Gaiman, Sandman graphic novels.

I am reading something a little different, We Are Anonymous Inside the Hacker World of LulzSec, Anonymous, and the Global Cyberinsurgency by Parmy Olson.  It is both about cyber crime and hacktivism.  The book is categorized as true crime.  It reminds me of The Hacker Crackdown by Bruce Sterling which is an earlier book about hacking. The book has a slightly rude, sensational, irreverent feel to it which is entertaining. 

Web Bits


No comments: