Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Daily Thoughts 09/25/2012



Daily Thoughts 09/25/2012

This morning I read a bit more of Madrigal's Magic Keys to Spanish, I am on Chapter 32.  I also finished reading The End of Money.  The author is describing mobile phone payment systems.  He is specifically focusing on how mobile phone payment systems are being used in countries like Kenya and India instead of traditional banks by poor people to save money and pay bills.  It shows how financial transactions are changing.

This morning, I checked the displays, and updated the Twitter and Facebook accounts for the library.  While I was looking through the new books, I picked up The Kickstarter Handbook Real-Life Crowdfunding Success Stories by Don Steinberg.  The computer books section is being checked right now.

I also spent a little bit of time discussing the computer lab.  I spent a little bit of time looking at Baker & Taylor's Forecast.  They list print run for books which is useful in determining whether or not a book will be popular.  Another source which gives a good indicator of future popularity is Booklist.  They have a tag which says High Demand Backstory on reviews which indicate a book will be very popular when it is released.  Earlyword.com also often picks up on very popular new releases as well as they are coming out.  

I spent a little more time checking the 800s in the mezzanine.  I try and do a little bit every day.

No comments: