Monday, March 11, 2013

Daily Thoughts 03/11/2013


Baudelaire, 1844, Emily Deroy

Daily Thoughts 03/11/2013

I am on the last chapter of Al Gore, The Future.  He is writing about the consequences of climate change; rising sea levels, drought, disease, extreme weather, and conflicts over weather and displaced people.

This morning, I checked the displays and the gift books.  I also spent some time checking order records.
I spent a little time checking social media as well.

I read the latest New York Times Book Review and looked at the latest purchase alerts.  I still have to read Publishers Weekly.   I finished reading Publishers Weekly and took a look through Collection Management sheet for patron recommendations.

Sheryl Sandbergs Lean In Book Tops Amazons Best Seller List On Its First Day of Sales.
http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/11/sheryl-sandbergs-lean-in-book-tops-amazons-best-sellers-list-on-its-first-day-of-sales/  This was also reviewed on the front page of the New York Times Book Review.

Web Bits

Used Ebooks Why Your Assumptions Are Wrong and the Opportunity is Huge
http://toc.oreilly.com/2013/03/used-ebooks-why-your-assumptions-are-wrong-and-the-opportunity-is-huge.html?goback=%2Egmp_104765%2Egde_104765_member_221659200

No comments: