Friday, March 15, 2013

Daily Thoughts 03/15/2013



Daily Thoughts 03/15/2013

This morning, I read a little bit more of On The Map.  I am reading about map dealers, libraries, and map thieves.  I also checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning. 

We had a meeting this morning which I thought went well.  I also spent some time thinking about ordering.  I also took a few minutes to look at our collection development policy.

Last night, I watched Sherlock Homes A Game of Shadows with Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock Holmes and Jude Law as Dr. Watson.  It reminded me of the other authors who wrote pastiches of Sherlock Holmes , not Arthur Conan Doyle.  Writers like Martin H. Greenberg, Manly Wade Wellman, and Laurie R. King.

I am watching Melies The Magician The Magic of Melies a Film by Jacques Meny tonight.  Melies is famous for having the first science fiction film.  I am hoping to get a chance to watch Fritz Lang's Metropolis, the Complete Edition which is supposed to have 25 additional minutes of footage.

Web Bits

Library Foundations Raise Money for Libraries... Right?
http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2013/03/opinion/advocates-corner/library-foundations-raise-money-for-libraries-right-advocates-corner/

No comments: