Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Daily Thoughts 10/01/2014

Olenka and Kolya On the Steps, Konstantin Makovsky, 1900

Daily Thoughts 10/01/2014

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.



On the way to work, I read a little more of The Organized Mind.  I am reading about guesstimating things.  Daniel J. Levitin is describing the famous question asked as part of the Google hiring interview, "How much does the Empire State Building weigh?".  I finished reading this book. This book is a useful book.  It actually suggests things that you can act on to be more organized.  I have already done a few of them.


I checked the displays and the gift books.  I also spent some time working with the Job Information Center books.


I checked out two books, Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker by Jennifer Chiaverini for our book club, and Transcendental by James Gunn which is science fiction.

I spent some time looking through the e-originals review section of Library Journal online.
http://reviews.libraryjournal.com/tag/e-originals/





Web Bits


Branded Tablet Growth Expected to Disappoint With Only 2.5% Growth: Apple Down and Samsung Up



Educational Media Reviews Online



Spark Your Project Tech Tools for Libraries


No comments: