Monday, October 27, 2014

Daily Thoughts 10/27/2014


Daily Thoughts 10/27/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Gutenberg's Apprentice by Alix Christie.  I am reading about the early process of book printing.  It describes making ink, forgining tin and lead letters, and setting type.

I was at Barnes and Nobles last night looking at books.

 I watched Wall Street Money Never Sleeps with Michael Douglas this afternoon.

I watched a webinar on the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act today.

Web Bits 



Libraries Boost Communities Economy: My Word

Posman Books Being Forced Out of Grand Central
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/bookselling/article/64524-posman-books-being-forced-out-of-grand-central.html?utm_source=Publishers+Weekly&utm_campaign=c7e487e1ca-UA-15906914-1&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0bb2959cbb-c7e487e1ca-304551865

I sometimes stopped in here.  It really is too bad.  They had a neat, clean, well organized store.

New Proposed Legislation Requires Public Disclosure for New York City Libraries
http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2014/10/legislation/new-proposed-legislation-requires-public-disclosure-for-new-york-city-libraries/#_


No comments: