Thursday, October 30, 2014

Daily Thoughts 10/30/2014

Still Life With Vase and Fruits, Ion Theodorescu-Sion, 1920
Daily Thoughts 10/30/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some of How Google Works this morning.  The book tells me that google was founded on computer engineering.  That more than half of the staff is computer engineers.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I spent a little time working on the display for new art books.  I also did a little more shifting in the 900s.

I called Lifetime Arts today about a program. http://www.lifetimearts.org/

The book Ancillary Sword by Ann Leckie came in for me to read.

I placed the book, The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up:  The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo on hold.

I am looking through Mount Vernon Revisited Images of America by Larry Spruill, Ph.D. and Donna Jackson with a Foreword by Ernest D. Davis.  There is a very nice acknowledgement that many of the photographs in the book came from the Mount Vernon Public Library Virginia McClellan Moskowitz Local History Room.

There is a Beginning Internet Class from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. tonight.

Web Bits



Why Your Brain Loves Good Storytelling

No comments: