Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Daily Thoughts 10/29/2014

Albrecht Durer, A Lectern With Books

Daily Thoughts 10/29/2014

I checked the Twitter and Facebook this morning for the library.  I also did some shifting in the 900s.  We are ordering some more book ends.

I checked the displays and the gifts.  I put together a display of some of the new art books.  I also read a copy of the Publishers Weekly and Library Journal.

I checked out the book, How Google Works by Eric Schmidt and Jonathan Rosenberg.  My initial impression is that it looks like a public relations piece.

I printed up some flyers for programs as well.   I also ordered a copy of Brothas Be, Yo Like George, Ain't that Funkin' Hard On You? by George Clinton and Ben Greenman.

I spent a few minutes looking through the Arts Westchester Directory.
https://artswestchester.org/directory/

I spent some time going over some things with the new part-time public computer person.  We may have someone to help with the public computers in the morning as well soon.

There is a class tonight for Beginning Microsoft Powerpoint from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

The poetry workshop is continuing.  They are talking about doing a final class performance on November 19, 2014.  We also have to work on a chapbook for the people in the class.  One of the students showed me her book, The Summer of Yes by Karen Leahy.  I have started reading it.  It is an interesting book.  Karen Leahy was a nun in a convent for 11 years, then chose to leave.   The writing is very presentable and grammatical. 

Web Bits

Librarian As Futurist Changing the Way Librarians Think About the Future
http://vtechworks.lib.vt.edu/bitstream/handle/10919/49667/Librarian_as_Futurist_Mathews_July2014.pdf?sequence=1

No comments: